Call for Applications to Serve as the CEC Convention Co-Chair for the 2023-2024 Program Advisory Committee
Looking for a major leadership opportunity? We’re looking for a Program Co-Chair for the 2023 (Louisville, KY) and 2024 (San Antonio, TX) CEC Convention & Expo to lead the Convention Program Advisory Committee (PAC)!
The Convention Program Co-Chair will play a pivotal leadership role in the success of CEC's annual convention, the largest and most comprehensive professional development event in the field of special education, serving a 2-year term beginning March 2022 through May 31, 2024. This year, CEC is seeking applications for the Convention Program Co-Chair from special education professionals that are currently working in Birth–Grade 12.
The Convention Program Chairs will collaborate with CEC Divisions, Units, staff, and the field to preside over the program planning process, determine program components and content areas, and serve as program spokesperson.
CEC members who wish to be considered should email the following to the CEC Professional Development Team at email@example.com:
- Letter of intent
- Response to the following:
- A statement of the extent of the applicant’s participation in previous CEC conventions or other professional development events.
- A statement of the applicant’s assessment of the most critical issues and trends affecting special education over the next 3 years and how these could be addressed through the convention program.
- A statement of how the convention program (program content, formats, presenters), should advance diversity, equity, and professional practice.
- A statement addressing ideas and suggestions on attracting teacher participation and overall attendance.
- Curriculum vita or résumé