When researching local holiday events in San Diego, this fun picture was one of the first things that came up:
San Diegans certainly don’t experience the traditional white Christmas that many of us do, but they have plenty of great holiday experiences available. If you’re in San Diego this holiday season, check out this list of some of the best bets for holiday fun:
- Take a spin on California’s largest ice skating rink at the Viejas Ice Rink.
- Catch a bowl game – San Diego will again play host to the Poinsettia Bowl (December 23 at 7:30pm) and the Holiday Bowl (December 27 at 5pm). This year’s Pointsettia Bowl is SDSU vs. Navy, and the Holiday Bowl pits USC against Nebraska.
- See the animals alight at Jungle Bells at the San Diego Zoo.
- Build holiday memories at LEGOLAND’s Holiday Snow Days, featuring a 30-foot tall LEGO® Christmas tree.
- Splash into the holiday season with SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration.
- Feel your heart grow 3 sizes at The Old Globe’s production of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Float on down to one of the many holiday parades and festivals in the area.
How would you suggest spending the holidays in Southern California?