Know Before You Go
We are excited to welcome you to Louisville, Kentucky for the CEC 2023 Convention & Expo. To help you prepare, we put together this quick reference guide so you're prepared for a successful event!
CEC 2023 Convention and Expo Location:
Kentucky International Convention Center
221 S 4th St, Louisville, KY 40202
Badge Pickup and Registration
Location: Kentucky International Convention Center
Upper Concourse, Halls B/D. Follow the signs.
2 - 7 PM
7 AM - 8 PM
7 AM - 5:30 PM
|8 – 11 AM||Saturday|
Badges are required for all conference workshops, sessions, & expo access.
Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport (SDF) is approximately 20 minutes from downtown Louisville and the Convention Center.
Louisville is within a day's drive of over half the U.S. population. See what our local committee has to say about driving downtown.
Notes and Reminders
- The Louisville Convention Center is a cashless center, so please plan ahead.
- For those needing a sensory break, visit room XYZ to chill out.
- Its all in the app – there are no paper programs, and the printed schedule at a glance is great but won’t have any room or speaker changes if they happen.
Get our official conference app,
Get the most out of the app and have a more productive experience!
NAVIGATE the event agenda and logistics, even without Wi-Fi or data. Access useful information like ridesharing and local attractions through the Community Board
NETWORK effectively. Plan whom to meet by exploring attendee profiles and sending out messages
PARTICIPATE in event activities through session likes, comments, ratings, live polling, tweeting, and more
Planning Ahead and Getting Your CEs/PDHs
Start setting up your personal, daily agenda in Whova, the CEC mobile app, by viewing individual sessions within the event agenda and using the "Add to My Agenda" button.
Your daily agenda will also be your record of sessions attended when it’s time to request your continuing education(CE)/professional development hours (PDHs) after the convention.
For additional support, check out the Mobile App Guide.
Whova App Help and Frequently Asked Questions
Exploring the Expo: Tech Playground, Showcases, Wellness Pavilion & More
The CEC Expo Hall is where you’ll find the newest resources and innovative tools needed for your classrooms and school districts, as well as continuing education programs, assistive technology demonstrations, and more. Your opportunity to explore and engage begins at the opening reception at 6:30pm on Wednesday, March 1st.
- Get hands-on in the Tech Playground to experience the latest in assistive technologies
- Enter our new "Derby Race!" Win prizes while connecting with exhibitors.
- Attend one of the Showcase Sessions for in-depth presentations focused on your interests.
- Self-care while traveling is important, so don’t forget to recharge in the Wellness Pavilion with morning movement, chair yoga, and other mindfulness activities.
- Official Louisville Visitors' Guide
- Local maps
- Driving and Parking at the Convention Center
- Skywalk (hotel and convention center indoor connections)
- Local Committee recommendations
- More than Bourbon and Horses
Health and Wellness
Masks are encouraged in CEC meeting spaces. Many respiratory illnesses can be minimized with hand washing, masking, and other good hygiene practices.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions you may have prior to arriving in Louisville. Once at the Convention Center, get help at the info desk and welcome pavilion.
Thank You Sponsors
The groups and companies that show up in the expo work with teachers, educators, students, and parents. Show your support by visiting the Expo and getting to know more. Thank you to our expo partners for supporting CEC, as well as to our Platinum, Gold, and Silver Sponsors.