- Rate time frames:
- Early rates apply though October 26.
- Regular rates apply October 27-January 31.
- On-site rates for the in-person convention apply February 1-March 16.
- On-site rates for the virtual convention begin February 1.
- Member rates: In order to qualify for a member rate, you must be a member at the time of registration.
- All discounts must be applied at the time of registration. CEC cannot retroactively apply discounts to existing registrations.
- Registrations are not eligible for multiple discounts.
Please note: This Group Registration Form is only available for organizations located in the United States and/or Canada. International registrants should use the individual registration form and submit to email@example.com.
- Groups of 5-9 save 10% on each registration
- Groups of 10+ save 15% on each registration
Did you know that members save more? Consider adding a group membership to save even more on your convention registration!
Please note the following Registration and Cancellation Policies before proceeding:
- Group registration must be submitted online using this Group Registration Form.
- Please note: Group registrations are complete once CEC Member Services has processed your registrations and notified your group contact to accept payment. Incomplete registration forms will be returned for completion.
- Group registrations must be submitted together, at one time, to receive the group registration discount. Additions made after submission will be billed at the current applicable rate at the time of processing and not eligible for the group registration discount.
- Group registrations are based on the rate at the time of registration, CEC membership status and category. All group registrants must be members of CEC to receive the registration discount at the time of submission. Group registrations are not eligible for multiple discounts.
- Group discounts apply only to the in-person or virtual convention registration. Group rates do not apply to workshops or special events.
- If using a purchase order, a full copy of the purchase order must be included with your submission. Purchase orders must be submitted at the time of group registration using the Group Registration Form. All supporting documentation must be included with the purchase order to receive the group registration rate.
- If paying by credit card, CEC Member Services will reach out to the designated group contact for payment information once the Group Registration Form has been processed.
If you need to cancel your registration, whether for the in-person or virtual Convention, we must have your request in writing. Written notices of cancellation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to:
Council for Exceptional Children
PO Box 79026
Baltimore, MD 21270-0024
Cancellation requests received between June 5, 2023 – November 10, 2023 will be refunded at full payment.
Cancellation requests received between November 11, 2023 and January 31, 2024 will be refunded, less a 25% cancellation fee.
Cancellation requests received on or after February 1, 2024 will not be refunded. Transfer requests from in-person to virtual are welcome but the difference in registration will not be refunded after this date.
All cancellations will be processed in the same manner as original payment. If paid by credit card, the refund will be issued to the card on record within 5-7 business days. Payments made by check or purchase order will be refunded as a check and may take up to 30 days after the Convention to process.
- In-Person Workshop Changes/Cancellations must be requested in writing to email@example.com. Changes must be requested no later than February 9, 2024.
- Registration transfers must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfers of registrations and/or workshops may be subject to an additional fee.
CEC’s number one priority is the health and safety of our event participants and industry partners. Our goal is to hold a safe event, recognizing it is not possible to remove all risks, in particular concerning COVID-19. CEC will put required measures in place to provide a safe environment for our attendees. Policies for the Convention will be set according to CDC and public health recommendations, federal, state, and local regulations applicable at the time of the event, and what CEC deems necessary to manage the risk for its event attendees. CEC may change, update, or add to these requirements at any time as it deems prudent to best protect the health and safety of attendees and others, and attendees must comply with relevant policies and requirements as communicated by CEC.
There is no COVID vaccination requirement for the 2024 convention. As of June 2023, there are no requirements for masking, but masks continue to be an important part of public health. If you have been around anyone who is sick with COVID, the flu, RSV, or any other illness, we strongly encourage you to wear a mask.
By registering for the convention, you agree to any and all policies in place at the time of the convention.
- Notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance will be emailed to all presenters listed on proposals in late-August. All presenters are responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodations.
- All virtual and in-person presenters are required to register for the CEC Convention no later than October 10. 2023. Any presenter who fails to register by this date will have their information removed from all convention programming.
- Presenters selected for a virtual session are required to register for the virtual convention.
- CEC will provide an LCD projector and screen for in-person sessions. In-person poster sessions will not have any AV equipment provided.
- Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop or arrange to rent equipment.
- Presenters of pre-recorded virtual sessions agree to provide caption files with the appropriate time stamps.
Affiliated Events are events hosted by individuals or groups other than the Council for Exceptional Children, that take place before, during, or after the CEC Convention and are in conjunction with the convention. Space for these events is limited and released to interested parties as space permits.
- To apply for event space, submit your request through the link below. All space allocation decisions will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- CEC is not responsible for the planning or execution of events in any of the affiliated event spaces. All planning, logistics, and payment for catering, AV, and room sets as well as any other costs associated with the event is the sole responsibility of the host.
- Affiliated events may be open to the public or invite only. All approved affiliated events will be posted and advertised on the CEC Convention website.
- Signage for affiliated events is the sole responsibility of the host.
- Your catering, AV, and venue contacts will be distributed to you with your approval and space assignment.