Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals for the 2023 Convention & Expo has been extended! This call will be open until May 23, 2022, and will be accepting submissions for: Research-to-Practice Deep Dive sessions; Concurrent sessions; Multi-presentation session presentations; Data Blitz presentations, and poster sessions.
A second Call will open in October for Teacher Slam presentation submissions and a second round of poster session submissions.
To get ready to submit a presentation:
|1. Review the various session formats at the convention to see which best fit your content.|
|Accepted proposals will be slotted as one of these formats by the Program Advisory Committee (PAC), based on the content of the presentation and how it might complement, align or combine with others (i.e. a multi-presentation session) to create a dynamic education program for 2023 Convention Attendees. Please carefully consider the content of your presentation and which presentation formats could work well to deliver the information. A limited number of slots for each session format will be available. The chances of having your proposal accepted increases substantially by selecting all of the available format options so that the PAC members have the option to incorporate your presentation into the program in a variety of ways.|
|2. Determine which submission form you'll use with the interactive tool below.|
|3. Review the submission guide for the appropriate form.|
|4. Review the presenter policies below. When submitting a proposal, you will be required to agree to all these policies before submitting.|
- Presenters may only submit two (2) submissions as a Single Presenter.
- Presenters may also be listed as a presenter on up to two (2) Group Presentation submissions.
- Presenters may also be listed as a presenter on one (1) Research-to-Practice Deep Dive submission.
- Should any submitter be found noncompliant with this policy, all associated submissions will be disqualified.
- All presenters for accepted proposals agree to register and pay for the convention by September 30, 2022.
- Any presenter who fails to register by this date will have their information will be removed from all convention programming.
- Registration for the in-person convention also includes registration for the virtual convention. If your presentation is scheduled only as a virtual session during the virtual convention, you will only be required to register and pay for the virtual convention component.
- Presenters understand and agree that their proposal does not promote commercially available products, services, or programs. The venue for commercially available products is an Exhibitor Showcase Session. Please visit our Exhibitors & Sponsors page after May 31, 2022, for information on exhibitor showcase sessions.
- Presenters understand and agree that professional program content (online, mobile app, or promotional material) may contain their session title and abstract as edited by CEC staff.
- Presenters understand and agree that if a proposal is based on a dissertation, they have read and understand the expectations about presentations based on dissertation research (FAQs, item 3).
- CEC will provide an LCD projector and screen for in-person sessions. In-person poster sessions will not have any AV equipment provided.
- Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop or arrange to rent equipment.
- Presenters of pre-recorded virtual sessions agree to provide caption files with the appropriate time stamps.
Important Dates for the Call for Proposals
|April 15-May 23, 2022||
Call for Proposals open for:
|June-August 2022||Proposal review & selection|
|End of August 2022||Proposal submitters notified of decisions|
|Early October 2022-Mid October 2022||
Call for Proposals open for:
|October-November 2022||Proposal review & selection|
|End of November 2022||Proposal submitters notified of decisions|