The Call for Proposals is now closed.
A second Call for student poster sessions and Teacher Slam sessions will open in the Fall.
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals for the 2024 Convention & Expo is now closed.
Proposal reviews are being conducted now. All proposal submitters will receive notification of decisions in mid-September.
A second Call will open in October for Teacher Slam presentation submissions and a second round of poster session submissions.
2024 Presenter Policies
- Presenters may only submit two (2) submissions as a Single Presenter.
- Presenters may also be listed as a presenter on up to two (2) Group Presentation submissions.
- Presenters may also be listed as a presenter on one (1) Research-to-Practice Deep Dive submission.
- Should any submitter be found noncompliant with this policy, all associated submissions will be disqualified.
- All presenters for accepted proposals from the general Call for Proposals in Spring 2023 agree to register and pay for the convention by October 10, 2023.
- Any presenter who fails to register by this date will have their information will be removed from all convention programming.
- Registration for the in-person convention also includes registration for the virtual convention. If your presentation is scheduled only as a virtual session during the virtual convention, you will only be required to register and pay for the virtual convention component.
- Presenters understand and agree that their proposal does not promote commercially available products, services, or programs. The venue for commercially available products is an Exhibitor Showcase Session. Please visit our Exhibitors & Sponsors page after June 30, 2023, for information on exhibitor showcase sessions.
- Presenters understand and agree that professional program content (online, mobile app, or promotional material) may contain their session title and abstract as edited by CEC staff.
- Presenters understand and agree that if a proposal is based on a dissertation, they have read and understand the expectations about presentations based on dissertation research (FAQs, item 5).
- CEC will provide an LCD projector and screen for in-person sessions. In-person poster sessions will not have any AV equipment provided.
- Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop or arrange to rent equipment.
- Presenters of pre-recorded virtual sessions agree to provide caption files with the appropriate time stamps.
Important Dates for the 2024 Call for Proposals
|May 1-May 31, 2023||Call for Reviewers|
Call for Proposals open for:
|June 12-August 10, 2023||Proposal review & selection|
Proposal submitters notified of decisions
|October 3-October 17, 2023||
Fall Call for Proposals open for:
|October 17-November 6, 2023||Fall Call proposal review & selection|
|Mid-November 2023||Proposal submitters notified of decisions|